The Big Deal website and all content which appears on it (the "Website") is owned and operated by Big Deals lanka(Pvt) Ltd, a company incorporated in Sri Lanka.
This is the user agreement that governs your use of this Website and the provision of the services we provide you. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or delete portions of these Website terms at any time without further notice. If we do this, we will post the changes to these Website terms on this page. Your continued use of the Website after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Website terms. If you do not accept such changes, you should no longer access or use our Website. You should regularly check the Website to determine if there have been changes to these Website terms and to review such changes.
Please take time to read these terms as it is important for both of us that you understand our contractual relationship both relating to your use of our Website and the services we provide you.
General Terms relating to website use
The following terms apply to your general use of our website:
- Access to our Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our Website without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our Website, or our entire Website, to users who have registered with us. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Website through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
- All intellectual property rights in and to our Website (including, for the avoidance of doubt, all content and material which appears on it) and all trademarks, logos and service marks and other business names, including, without limitation, the name and all logos used in connection with the same are expressly reserved to us or the respective owners and licensors. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are expressly reserved. You may not use the "Bigdeals" mark or any logos used in connection with the same without our prior written consent. All goodwill in the "Bigdeals" marks and logos are expressly reserved to us. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organization to material posted on our Website.
- Commentary and other materials posted on our Website are not intended to amount to definitive advice on which reliance should be placed. To the extent the same can be limited or excluded by law, we disclaim and exclude all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. Whilst we try to ensure our Website is accurate and correct and does not contain any typographical or other errors, we cannot always guarantee it will not contain any such errors and we reserve the right to amend any such errors and shall not be liable for any reliance placed by you on such errors. We aim to update our Website regularly, and may change the content at any time. Any of the material on our Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
- The material displayed on our website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, representations, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our Website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it and any liability for: loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable
Refunds, Returns and Cancellations
- In the event that you are not satisfied with your redeemed purchase, please in the first instance take the issue up with the Deal Partner with regards to an exchange or refund. If the issue cannot be resolved with the Deal Partner, please contact us and we will investigate with a view to refunding your purchase if your claim is legitimate and you are unable to resolve with the deal partner.
- If you fail to redeem your voucher purchase within the specified time detailed in our general terms and conditions, or the deal specific terms and conditions, then you will not be eligible for any refund or exchange. It is at the Deal Partners discretion on whether they redeem your purchase.
- Right to cancel: Once we send you the Voucher, you may cancel the transaction at any time within 24 hours after you receive the Voucher. If you do want to cancel, you must do so by sending us an email to tell us you are cancelling to: email@example.com or writing to us or sending us a fax - in each case, always provided of course that you have not yet redeemed the Voucher.
- Vouchers printed from this Site are promotional vouchers that may be purchased from Merchants through Big Deal to be used in exchange for goods and services at a discount from their actual cost. By placing an order for a Voucher you make an offer to purchase the Vouchers you have selected on the terms and conditions stated. You are required to create an account in order to purchase any Voucher.
- The Voucher you purchase is redeemable for goods or services by the Merchant. The Merchant, not Big Deal, is the seller of the Voucher and the goods and services and is solely responsible for redeeming any Voucher you purchase.
- All Vouchers shall be subject to the terms and conditions of Big Deal and the participating Merchant. The Merchant shall be fully responsible for any and all injuries, illnesses, damages, claims, liabilities and costs suffered by or in respect of a customer, caused in whole or in part by the Merchant, as well as for any unclaimed property liability arising from unredeemed Vouchers or portions thereof. You waive, and release Big Deals from, any claim, liabilities, damages, or injury arising from or related to any act or omission of Merchant in connection with a Voucher or the services/goods provided in connection therewith and/or as it relates to compliance with applicable unclaimed property and other laws relating to the redemption of the Vouchers or any portion thereof. Vouchers are redeemable in their entirety and on a one time basis only and may not be redeemed incrementally.
- The Voucher may be subject to further terms and limitations made clear on the Voucher and subject to the further terms and conditions of the Merchant. Vouchers expire on the date specified on the Voucher.
- The Merchant nor Big Deal take responsibility for lost or stolen Vouchers or Voucher reference numbers used to make a redemption with a Merchant. It is at the discretion of the Merchant to determine whether Vouchers can be combined with any other promotions, vouchers, or offers.
- Vouchers purchased for a Merchant who offers food and beverage are subject to the applicable laws for the sale, provision and redemption of alcohol.
AMEX 12 month interest free promotion condition
- Extended Settlement Plan (ESP) is made available to all Card members of American Express Credit Cards issued by Nations Trust Bank PLC ( Bank ) excluding American Express Corporate cards.
- Card-member can request for multiple ESPs for tenures of 12 months, however, combination of two or more transactions will not be allowed.
- The Bank may at its sole discretion reject any ESP requests made by the Card member, which does not comply with the terms and conditions of the ESP Promotion.
- It is the responsibility of the Card member to provide correct information and the Bank shall not be responsible in the event ESP cannot be provided due to incorrectly and or inadequately provided information on the transaction by the Card member, and/ or ESP is provided to a transaction other than the transaction intended by the Card member due to the said reasons.
- The total transaction amount will be blocked within the existing credit limit and the respective installments will be billed to the statement on a monthly basis. The blocking will be gradually reduced along with the repayment of each installment
- In the event the Card member’s credit card is terminated, cancelled, not renewed, or suspended due to any reason whatsoever or any breach of the terms and conditions herein including nonpayment of dues under the ESP or any breach of the Card member agreement and the terms and conditions thereof, the outstanding installments (including the Installments that are not billed) shall become immediately due and payable in full to the Bank.
- Unless otherwise expressly provided herein, the Bank’s Card member agreement relating to the respective credit card shall apply to the installments and the payment of installments hereunder which shall be treated as a normal transaction charged to the credit card. In the event of any conflict arising between the terms and conditions hereof and the Card member agreement the former shall prevail only to the extent the same shall relate to matters involving the ESP.
- All installment amounts debited are non refundable and the Bank accepts no responsibility in any way for any goods purchased under the ESP and any dispute relating to the same should be resolved by the Card member directly with the merchant and no claim by the Card member against the merchant will relieve the Card member from his/her obligation for repayment to the Bank hereunder.
- Nations Trust Bank PLC reserves the right to withdraw the ESP or change the terms and conditions of ESP at its sole discretion.
Delivery and Access
- Delivery will be made to the email address and mobile phone number you provided when joining or as per your latest amendment. We aim to deliver Services and/or process your subscription promptly but we do not promise that delivery or access will happen immediately nor are we liable for any problems, delays or losses in respect of delivery or access arising out of any cause beyond our control. Without limitation, we shall not be responsible for any problem you may experience with the Services due to the act or fault of any telecoms provider, internet service provider and/or technology supplier; systems maintenance (we shall try to keep this to a minimum and outside of peak hours, wherever reasonably possible); any incompatibility or technical fault in respect of your computer hardware software and/or systems and/or mobile phone; your joining details are inaccurate or out-of-date; your email in-box or your phone message mailbox is full; you are not following any instructions we give you for using the Site or accessing the Services; your mobile phone is out of range or for some other reason cannot be contacted or any other circumstance where we send you or grant you access to a particular Service but you are unable to receive it through no fault of our own. Further, the Service is subject to the limitations of the enabling technology on which it is reliant and may be adversely affected by network performance and other operational factors beyond our control including without limitation congestion, network coverage, dropped connections, the performance of your own device and the maintenance and support of secure network connections. We accept no responsibility if you do not receive the Service for any of these reasons. If for any reason we are unable to supply a particular Service, we will endeavor to inform you as soon as possible. We reserve the right to permanently withdraw any Services, in which event you will be entitled to a refund of any fees already paid by you to the extent that the fees relate to use of the Services following the withdrawal date.
Deal Specific Terms
- Pre-agreed Deal Specific Terms may apply which can be included on the request of either The Deal Partner, Service Provider. These terms will be presented online at the time of purchase in a clear and concise manner and will supersede any global terms unless such terms are prohibited by applicable law
Unless otherwise stated in the Deal Specific Terms, or required by law, the following terms will apply to all voucher deal proposals
- No cash back value for any voucher,
- No cash back will be issued for a partial redemption of the paid portion of a voucher deal,
- No cash back or credit will be issued for a partial redemption of the promotional portion of a voucher deal
- Vouchers may not be combined with any other coupons, vouchers or promotions unless otherwise noted in the voucher deal specific terms,
- Neither Big Deal Lanka (Pvt) ltd, the Deal Partner can be held responsible for lost or stolen vouchers or voucher reference numbers,
- Duplication use, sale or trade of a voucher is strictly prohibited, except as required by law,
- Big Deal Lanka (Pvt) Ltd. indemnify themselves against any and all injuries, illnesses, damages, claims, liabilities and costs suffered by or in respect of a customer, caused in whole or in part by the Deal Partner or its products or services, as well as for any unclaimed property liability arising from unredeemed or partially redeemed vouchers. We also indemnify ourselves against any loss of online services brought about as a result of web traffic sent via www.bigdeals.lk
BigDeals online Store
- Regarding the items sold through Bigdeals.lk, the price of an item cannot be confirmed until customer orders the item. Even though every effort is made some items can be mispriced at a negligible probability. If the new price is higher than the mentioned price, we will not cancel or deliver the item without your confirmation about the new price, and all cancellation of items will be informed. Even if delivery of the selected item is cancelled, buyabans.com will transfer your money back or you can buy any other available product up to the value of the previous item
- If a product offered by bigdeals.lk is not as described on its website or not up to the satisfaction or expectation of you, a customer's sole remedy is to return it in unused condition within two days of delivery, All costs associated with return to be bear by customer and customer should be liable on any damagers while returning the item . If there is any external damage to the package, you should check it when the item is handed over. Any item will not be accepted due to any external damages to the item with package damages or dents.
- In the event that we identified any damages during transit, before you receives the product we will be refunding your payment within 24 hours if the same product is not available in our stocks